If you feel like planning a family photography session is a lot of work, you are far from alone! It feels like a lot on mom’s shoulders to find the photographer, choose a location, and plan everyone’s outfits. As a Bismarck family photographer and mom myself, I totally get it. This is why I offer full-service family photography to take all the planning off mom’s plate. I guide my clients through the process of planning for their sessions while making it as easy and stress-free as possible. Your whole family will enjoy the session experience.
What Should You Wear for Your Bismarck Family Photos?
Now for the big question – what should you wear for your spring family photos? With my full-service photography process, I offer wardrobe guidance for my clients, but I’ll share some of my best tips below.
1. Choose Comfortable Clothing – Wear something you feel comfortable and confident wearing for the session. This goes for your entire family! While it may be tempting to have your daughter wear a dress, if she isn’t into dresses, don’t force it. The more comfortable everyone is, the happier everyone will be at the session. Happy people = beautiful photos!
2. Neutrals and Soft Colors – Lean on neutrals and soft colors for your portraits. Think of colors such as creams, whites, pinks, blues, and greens. These colors look great on anyone and will photograph really well.
3. Avoid Bright Colors and Patterns – Stay away from bright colors and even big patterns. These will look distracting in the portraits, and certain patterns will quickly look dated. Try to stick with solid colors and soft/minimal patterns.
4. Women/Girls – For spring, I love dresses for mom and her girls. The dresses’ colors can complement each other for a beautiful spring look. If your daughter just isn’t into dresses, leggings and a cute top in a springy color will work well too!
5. Men/Boys – For men and boys, I usually recommend a button-down shirt or polo and then khakis or jeans. Men and boys can wear a white, gray, or light blue shirt to complement mom and girls.
6. Minimal Jewelry/Accessories – Avoid big jewelry in your family photos. Wear a minimal amount or none at all. Why is that? Jewelry can distract from your beautiful face. Stylish layers will work depending on the season, but we want these portraits to look timeless all year long!
Bismarck Family Photographer
Your family photography session should be a fun and enjoyable experience for you and your whole family. My goal is to make the process as easy as possible with my full-service photography style. This type of photography might be a little different than you’ve experienced before. We don’t just show up on the day of the session without any planning. I love getting to know my clients and guiding them through a seamless portrait process. You’ll feel confident and prepared for the session and ready to have fun with your family.
If you have any questions or wish to schedule a call with me, please send me a message here.